since the Kerry ads have become a popular topic
Rick
2004-08-22 01:19:20 UTC
http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/2004/08/19/politics/campaign/20040820swift_graph.gif

that link will show you some of the connections and motivations for the
recent Kerry attack.

cheers
RJ
foamy
2004-08-22 02:41:25 UTC
In article <swSVc.36867$***@clgrps12>,
"Rick" <***@telus.net> wrote:

>http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/2004/08/19/politics/campaign/20040820swift_
>graph.gif
>

>that link will show you some of the connections and motivations for the
>recent Kerry attack.
>
>cheers
>RJ

Thanks Rick, it's an interesting link, and fun to look at the supposed
connections, but it does absolutely nothing to address the veracity of
WHAT the swifties are saying. The Kerry camp wants to discredit WHAT
is said, by impugning the integrity and motivation of those allegedly
funding or orchestrating the attack. Let them attack the truth of what the
swifties are saying, not who they think is picking up the lunch tab.

Let Kerry come out and say to their face, you George or Pete or Frank are
lying, you weren't there or don't know what you are talking about. He won't
cause from all I've seen, he can't.

If what's good for the goose is good for the gander, then it's obvious Kerry
and his campaign are directing billionaire financier George Soros, hollywood
producer Steven Bing, MoveOn.org, the Media Fund, America Coming Together,
America Votes, and the darling of all loonies, Michael Moore.

Haven't seen an effin peep out of Kerry about those groups and individuals
have we ?

I think they are both privileged assholes Rick, who attained position via
privilege.

I have more respect for my corner grocer [ if we still had corner grocers ]
than I have for either one of them.

Jim
TGP
2004-08-22 02:48:23 UTC
who fucking cares? At least he went to Vietnam. Who cares what he did
while he was there. He went there, did well there, survived...came
home..spoke out against the bullshit war. And now, he is speaking about
against Bush's bullshit war and at least he is a candidate who has half a
clue. If you are going to attack him, attack him on his position now...not
his position years ago. Because like I said, at least Kerry went to
Vietnam.

--
http://www.vinlandphotography.20m.com
http://www.nfsportsweekly.com
"foamy" <***@wahs.ac> wrote in message
> In article <swSVc.36867$***@clgrps12>,
> "Rick" <***@telus.net> wrote:
>

>http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/2004/08/19/politics/campaign/20040820sw
ift_
> >graph.gif
> >

> >that link will show you some of the connections and motivations for the
> >recent Kerry attack.
> >
> >cheers
> >RJ
>

> Thanks Rick, it's an interesting link, and fun to look at the supposed
> connections, but it does absolutely nothing to address the veracity of
> WHAT the swifties are saying. The Kerry camp wants to discredit WHAT
> is said, by impugning the integrity and motivation of those allegedly
> funding or orchestrating the attack. Let them attack the truth of what the
> swifties are saying, not who they think is picking up the lunch tab.
>
> Let Kerry come out and say to their face, you George or Pete or Frank are
> lying, you weren't there or don't know what you are talking about. He
won't
> cause from all I've seen, he can't.
>
> If what's good for the goose is good for the gander, then it's obvious
Kerry
> and his campaign are directing billionaire financier George Soros,
hollywood
> producer Steven Bing, MoveOn.org, the Media Fund, America Coming Together,
> America Votes, and the darling of all loonies, Michael Moore.
>
> Haven't seen an effin peep out of Kerry about those groups and individuals
> have we ?
>
> I think they are both privileged assholes Rick, who attained position via
> privilege.
>
> I have more respect for my corner grocer [ if we still had corner
grocers ]
> than I have for either one of them.
>
> Jim

---
foamy
2004-08-22 03:13:27 UTC
In article <XPTVc.98430$***@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>,
"TGP" <***@gmailSPAM.com> wrote:

>who fucking cares? At least he went to Vietnam. Who cares what he did
>while he was there. He went there, did well there, survived...came
>home..spoke out against the bullshit war. And now, he is speaking about
>against Bush's bullshit war and at least he is a candidate who has half a
>clue. If you are going to attack him, attack him on his position now...not
>his position years ago. Because like I said, at least Kerry went to
>Vietnam.

You are, in the interest of civility and fairness, a fucking clueless, shallow,
troglodyte who should stick to coloring the Foxy Woxy tome you got for
Christmas.

Why don't you, with the aid of an interpreter, tell us all what his fucking
position is today ? The man spent the whole convention telling us what
a great war hero he was. His address to the convention was all about his
purple hearts, accompanied by a Spielberg protégé' production. Kerry is
the fuck who's running on his war record, and Kerry should die by it.

Tell us all about Kerry's record in the senate. Tell us what the fuck he's
done in 20 years ? I'll wait.

Jim

Matt 26:52, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword
will perish by the sword "
TGP
2004-08-22 03:21:18 UTC
ahh so I'm a troglodyte eh? Well what do you call someone who, when faced
with an argument/facts, turns around and rants about the person posting (ie.
personal attacks) instead of addresing the point? You work for Haliburton
or something? The reason I ask is because, its not healthy to go off on
such a personal tangent like you just did when speaking of a politician of
whom you do not like.

--
> In article <XPTVc.98430$***@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>,
> "TGP" <***@gmailSPAM.com> wrote:
>
> >who fucking cares? At least he went to Vietnam. Who cares what he did
> >while he was there. He went there, did well there, survived...came
> >home..spoke out against the bullshit war. And now, he is speaking about
> >against Bush's bullshit war and at least he is a candidate who has half a
> >clue. If you are going to attack him, attack him on his position
now...not
> >his position years ago. Because like I said, at least Kerry went to
> >Vietnam.
>

> You are, in the interest of civility and fairness, a fucking clueless,
shallow,
> troglodyte who should stick to coloring the Foxy Woxy tome you got for
> Christmas.
>
> Why don't you, with the aid of an interpreter, tell us all what his
fucking
> position is today ? The man spent the whole convention telling us what
> a great war hero he was. His address to the convention was all about his
> purple hearts, accompanied by a Spielberg protégé' production. Kerry is
> the fuck who's running on his war record, and Kerry should die by it.
>
> Tell us all about Kerry's record in the senate. Tell us what the fuck he's
> done in 20 years ? I'll wait.
>
> Jim
>
> Matt 26:52, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the
sword
> will perish by the sword "

---
foamy
2004-08-22 03:56:59 UTC
In article <OiUVc.98433$***@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, "
TGP" <***@gmailSPAM.com> wrote:

>ahh so I'm a troglodyte eh? Well what do you call someone who, when faced
>with an argument/facts, turns around and rants about the person posting (ie.
>personal attacks) instead of addresing the point? You work for Haliburton
>or something? The reason I ask is because, its not healthy to go off on
>such a personal tangent like you just did when speaking of a politician of
>whom you do not like.

Lighten up ! Some of my best friends are troglodytes. [ and just for the record,
I haven't liked a single politician before or since JFK ].

One sentence of my post insulted you. Why don't you respond to the rest ?
Kerry made his war service the issue, not the republicans. It was Kerry who
thought he could sail through being the war hero. Have you heard a single
word from him regarding his senate record ? [ other than of course, I voted for
it, and then I voted against it ].

I can understand why you would focus on my attack on you, but if you re-read
the post, there is something of substance with which you could rebut.

BTW, in your original post, you appeared to make a big deal out of ' ... at
least Kerry went to Vietnam '. So what ? Did Clinton go to Vietnam ? And
I'd bet the farm you supported Clinton.

Jim
Katherine Merle Mason
2004-08-23 19:31:23 UTC
***@wahs.ac (foamy) writes:

>Lighten up ! Some of my best friends are troglodytes. [ and just for the record,
>I haven't liked a single politician before or since JFK ].

My god. You liked JFK? Really? I'm floored.

Cheers,
Kaye
w***@yahoo.com
2004-08-23 21:11:01 UTC
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:31:23 +0000 (UTC), ***@sfu.ca (Katherine
Merle Mason) wrote:

>***@wahs.ac (foamy) writes:
>
>>Lighten up ! Some of my best friends are troglodytes. [ and just for the record,
>>I haven't liked a single politician before or since JFK ].
>
>My god. You liked JFK? Really? I'm floored.
>
>Cheers,
>Kaye

Nobody's perfect. ;^)

Wayne
Katherine Merle Mason
2004-08-23 21:20:09 UTC
***@yahoo.com writes:

>>My god. You liked JFK? Really? I'm floored.

>Nobody's perfect. ;^)

I freely admit to thinking he was kinda cute. But I'm not old enough to
remember him as president. I was born under the bright shining star of PET.

Anyway, question for Jim, though, because I like asking him hard questions:

How is that JFK's extra-marital affairs were okay, whereas Clinton's was
a horrible travesty? Is it just because Clinton did it in the Oval Office?
That seems rather flimsy -- I mean, for all we know JFK was doing it there
too. In fact, I'd bet you $5 that he did. And he probably lied a few times
about it, too.

Unless of course, you were baiting me again with the JFK thing, and I just
fell for it ;).

My personal favorite president (of my lifetime, anyway) is probably Jimmy
Carter. Because I think he actually made some intelligent foregin policy
decisions. So, of course they never re-elected him :P.

Cheers,
Kaye
Mike McGillivray
2004-08-23 21:36:18 UTC

Which ones? His foreign policy against Iran was a complete failure.
foamy
2004-08-23 22:45:05 UTC
In article <cgdn29$1dv$***@morgoth.sfu.ca>,
***@sfu.ca (Katherine Merle Mason) wrote:

>How is that JFK's extra-marital affairs were okay, whereas Clinton's was
>a horrible travesty? Is it just because Clinton did it in the Oval Office?
>That seems rather flimsy -- I mean, for all we know JFK was doing it there
>too. In fact, I'd bet you $5 that he did. And he probably lied a few times
>about it, too.

We know he never went on live TV and lied to the American people or lied
under oath to the Grand Jury.

I could care less about who Clinton did. If I was married to what he's married
to, I'd be doing anything I could from other women, farm animals or svend,
whichever nodded yes first.

While he didn't show the respect he should have for the oval office, I've
been consistent in condemning him for his lying, not his laying.

Besides, JFK gets Marilyn Monroe--Clinton gets Monica ? No contest. :-)

>Unless of course, you were baiting me again with the JFK thing, and I just
>fell for it ;).

No, I loved JFK. His assassination is the only you-know-exactly-where-you
-were-when-you-learned-of-it event in my life. I was crying, my mom and
dad were crying. It was a really sad day.

Jim
joe
2004-08-23 22:57:10 UTC
foamy wrote:

> We know he never went on live TV and lied to the American people or lied
> under oath to the Grand Jury.

He sure did. He told major whoppers about the so-called "missle gap" and
about the involvement of the CIA, etc., in plans to invade Cuba and assassinate
Castro. At the end of the day, he was just another scumbag politician.

Joe
foamy
2004-08-23 23:37:04 UTC
In article <cgdso8$3tu$***@nntp.itservices.ubc.ca>, ***@b.c wrote:

>He sure did. He told major whoppers about the so-called "missle gap" and
>about the involvement of the CIA, etc., in plans to invade Cuba and assassinate
>Castro. At the end of the day, he was just another scumbag politician.
>
> Joe

Wow. What a meany pants.

JFK was prevented from telling the truth by a section of the
Security Act.

Jim
joe
2004-08-24 00:23:38 UTC
foamy wrote:

> JFK was prevented from telling the truth by a section of the
> Security Act.

Same thing with Clinton, except in his case it was the "If Hillary
finds out, I'm totally fucked" Act.

Joe
foamy
2004-08-24 01:30:12 UTC
In article <cge1qe$5u4$***@nntp.itservices.ubc.ca>, ***@b.c wrote:

>Same thing with Clinton, except in his case it was the "If Hillary
>finds out, I'm totally fucked" Act.
>
> Joe

Heh, good point. I might have to revisit my judgment of him.

Jim
nJb
2004-08-24 01:58:02 UTC
joe wrote:

> foamy wrote:
> >
> > JFK was prevented from telling the truth by a section of the
> > Security Act.
> >

> Same thing with Clinton, except in his case it was the "If Hillary
> finds out, I'm totally fucked" Act.
>
> Joe

I think it was " If Hillary finds out I'm so not fucked."
--
Jack

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/
Katherine Merle Mason
2004-08-24 01:50:20 UTC
***@wahs.ac (foamy) writes:

>Heh, good point. I might have to revisit my judgment of him.

He certainly did have the power to capture people's imagination. Does
that make him a demagogue? Maybe, but even now, people who weren't alive
at the same time as him (like me) are fascinated by him, out of proportion
to anything he ever did (at least that I know of).

I think the reason that people say they remember where they were when JFK
died is because he made everyone feel like they had a personal connection
to him, and therefore to the government. I think that's something to
admire, anyway, regardless of his political beliefs/actions. He made
everyone feel like s/he was a part of something bigger. Greater buy in =
greater participation = greater level of debate, and I think that can only
be a good thing.

BTW, I would say the same things about PET, so.... ;)

Cheers,
Kaye
foamy
2004-08-24 02:25:50 UTC
In article <cge6ss$l4r$***@morgoth.sfu.ca>,
***@sfu.ca (Katherine Merle Mason) wrote:

>BTW, I would say the same things about PET, so.... ;)

Oh, oh. The one politician which I despise more than all of
the rest put together. I wish the man was never born. He's
the man which ruined the country I knew and loved.

Jim
Katherine Merle Mason
2004-08-24 03:11:29 UTC
***@wahs.ac (foamy) writes:

>Oh, oh. The one politician which I despise more than all of
>the rest put together. I wish the man was never born. He's
>the man which ruined the country I knew and loved.

Wow. That's impressive. And a lot of credit to give one person
(single-handedly ruining Canada). Erm. Or should I not assume you
mean Canada? You have expressed your love for the United States
elsethread.

You hate him more than Clinton? Whyfor?

I am pretty ambivalent about his most of his policies, though I agree
firmly with some things that he did. More than that, however, he was
prime minister when I was a wee one, and I think that means something.
Or at least, it does to me.

Cheers,
Kaye
TGP
2004-08-24 04:09:44 UTC
Diefenbaker ruined Canada. Not Trudeau.

--
"Katherine Merle Mason" <***@sfu.ca> wrote in message
> ***@wahs.ac (foamy) writes:
>
> >Oh, oh. The one politician which I despise more than all of
> >the rest put together. I wish the man was never born. He's
> >the man which ruined the country I knew and loved.
>
> Wow. That's impressive. And a lot of credit to give one person
> (single-handedly ruining Canada). Erm. Or should I not assume you
> mean Canada? You have expressed your love for the United States
> elsethread.
>
> You hate him more than Clinton? Whyfor?
>
> I am pretty ambivalent about his most of his policies, though I agree
> firmly with some things that he did. More than that, however, he was
> prime minister when I was a wee one, and I think that means something.
> Or at least, it does to me.
>
> Cheers,
> Kaye

---
bombelly
2004-08-24 04:14:28 UTC
In article <cgebl1$r8g$***@morgoth.sfu.ca>,
***@sfu.ca (Katherine Merle Mason) wrote:

>Wow. That's impressive. And a lot of credit to give one person
>(single-handedly ruining Canada). Erm. Or should I not assume you
>mean Canada? You have expressed your love for the United States
>elsethread.

There's too many disasters he authored to list them all. But from the Official
Languages Act, multiculturalism, the NEP, alienation of the west, giving us
the finger from the train, the Constitution Act, and the Bi and BI Commission
which introduced the historically inaccurate notion of 2 founding nations
which denied the concept of ten juridically equal provinces, have all
contributed to the most politically and emotionally divided Canada in history,
where we have such things as a fishery based upon race, laws applying to some
provinces and not others, courts not the people through parliament establishing
laws, and in general a big poopy mess. Thanks Pierre you dork.

Jim
Katherine Merle Mason
2004-08-23 23:03:49 UTC
***@wahs.ac (foamy) writes:

>We know he never went on live TV and lied to the American people or lied
>under oath to the Grand Jury.

Well, we don't know that he never lied on Live TV. In fact, since he was
a politician, I'd say the chances about as close to 100% as you can get.
You give me an epsilon, and I'll find a delta....[1]

>I could care less about who Clinton did. If I was married to what he's married
>to, I'd be doing anything I could from other women, farm animals or svend,
>whichever nodded yes first.

Okay, I have to call on this ;). Is it just because she's a middle aged
woman and it would be like sleeping with your mom? What is it that you don't
like about her? I thought you males weren't that particular in these
matters. I guess what I'm asking is....why wouldn't you sleep with Hillary?

>Besides, JFK gets Marilyn Monroe--Clinton gets Monica ? No contest. :-)

Fair enough. Though from my feminist perspective, I'd have to say the
opposite as well. Marilyn gets JFK and Monica gets ... [2]. Though it does
seem likely in JFK's case, that it wasn't just MM. At least with Clinton,
there was only one, right? Erm...

>>Unless of course, you were baiting me again with the JFK thing, and I just
>>fell for it ;).

>No, I loved JFK. His assassination is the only you-know-exactly-where-you
>-were-when-you-learned-of-it event in my life. I was crying, my mom and
>dad were crying. It was a really sad day.

I'm still surprised by this. Though I don't know that much about JFK,
aside from the popular media image, so I really can't say if you're being
foolish or not ;).

I'd have pegged you for a Reaganite.

Cheers,
Kaye

[1] http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Epsilon-DeltaDefinition.html, for non-geeks.
[2] must ... resist ... cigar joke ...
foamy
2004-08-23 23:49:10 UTC
In article <cgdt4l$94l$***@morgoth.sfu.ca>,
***@sfu.ca (Katherine Merle Mason) wrote:

>Okay, I have to call on this ;). Is it just because she's a middle aged
>woman and it would be like sleeping with your mom? What is it that you don't
>like about her? I thought you males weren't that particular in these
>matters. I guess what I'm asking is....why wouldn't you sleep with Hillary?

I think she's an unattractive, masculine, ball-busting cow. I wouldn't even
remain friends with a guy who would sink so low to do her. :-)

>I'd have pegged you for a Reaganite.

I thought Reagan would be a good guy to sit down with over a beer
and listen to his stories, but I was ambivalent towards his presidency.

Jim
db
2004-08-23 23:52:55 UTC

> >I'd have pegged you for a Reaganite.
>
> I thought Reagan would be a good guy to sit down with over a beer
> and listen to his stories, but I was ambivalent towards his presidency.
>
> Jim

The nice thing aboot Reagan was that you could have then immediately
repeated the stories you just heard from him and he would have been
enthralled with the life you've led.
foamy
2004-08-24 00:19:29 UTC
In article <***@uni-berlin.de>
, "db" <***@hdtv.com> wrote:

>The nice thing aboot Reagan was that you could have then immediately
>repeated the stories you just heard from him and he would have been
>enthralled with the life you've led.

Heh, true ! Not to mention you could say, " It's your round Ron "
all night.

Jim
db
2004-08-24 02:00:58 UTC

Uterus, first trimester.
tradervik
2004-08-24 05:21:05 UTC

I was thinking Ghengis Khan (Khanite?).
nJb
2004-08-24 01:54:43 UTC
foamy wrote:

> In article <cgdn29$1dv$***@morgoth.sfu.ca>,
> ***@sfu.ca (Katherine Merle Mason) wrote:
>
> >How is that JFK's extra-marital affairs were okay, whereas Clinton's was
> >a horrible travesty? Is it just because Clinton did it in the Oval Office?
> >That seems rather flimsy -- I mean, for all we know JFK was doing it there
> >too. In fact, I'd bet you $5 that he did. And he probably lied a few times
> >about it, too.
>
> We know he never went on live TV and lied to the American people or lied
> under oath to the Grand Jury.
>
> I could care less about who Clinton did. If I was married to what he's married
> to, I'd be doing anything I could from other women, farm animals or svend,
> whichever nodded yes first.
>
> While he didn't show the respect he should have for the oval office, I've
> been consistent in condemning him for his lying, not his laying.
>
> Besides, JFK gets Marilyn Monroe--Clinton gets Monica ? No contest. :-)
>
> >Unless of course, you were baiting me again with the JFK thing, and I just
> >fell for it ;).
>
> No, I loved JFK. His assassination is the only you-know-exactly-where-you
> -were-when-you-learned-of-it event in my life. I was crying, my mom and
> dad were crying. It was a really sad day.
>
> Jim

Study hall, 10th grade.

David Higgins
2004-08-24 03:21:54 UTC
nJb wrote:
> Study hall, 10th grade.

Woot! See that, BQ? I'm not the oldest dust farter here. ;-)

Oh, sorry. 4th grade, I think.
BQ
2004-08-24 04:07:18 UTC
"David Higgins" <***@nohow.net.invalid> wrote in message

> nJb wrote:
>> Study hall, 10th grade.
>
> Woot! See that, BQ? I'm not the oldest dust farter here. ;-)

Of course I see, my eye sight is fine, but seeing how old you are, I am
surprised you see it, ya know, cataracts and all!

;)
bq
or is it the glaucoma?

personally, I think 40 is gonna suck.......
David Higgins
2004-08-26 01:18:11 UTC
BQ wrote:

> or is it the glaucoma?

Diabetes floaters -- like looking thru a kaleidoscope. ;-)

> personally, I think 40 is gonna suck.......

At least your wife won't show up at work dressed like
the Grim Reaper, scythe and all, on your 40th B'day.
BQ
2004-08-26 02:14:08 UTC

> BQ wrote:
>
>> or is it the glaucoma?
>
> Diabetes floaters -- like looking thru a kaleidoscope. ;-)

Yikes....tough. I don't want that at all.

>> personally, I think 40 is gonna suck.......
>
> At least your wife won't show up at work dressed like
> the Grim Reaper, scythe and all, on your 40th B'day.

At least you have a wife, ok, well, I don't want a wife, (calm down guys),
but at least you have a special one that would do that for you - remembers
your day and tries to make light of it. All my kids are gonna say is "more
gray hair mom or you are soooooo old or my personal favorite "I guess life
is about over for you now?"

bq

nJb
2004-08-26 16:29:26 UTC
> BQ wrote:

> > personally, I think 40 is gonna suck.......

That's when I first noticed "things" growing on my body.

db
2004-08-26 21:57:00 UTC

Congrats. See? I told you they would drop.
BQ
2004-08-26 22:05:39 UTC
"db" <***@hdtv.com> wrote in message news:***@uni-berlin.de...

> "nJb" <***@xmission.com> wrote in message

>> That's when I first noticed "things" growing on my body.
>> --
>> Jack
>>

> Congrats. See? I told you they would drop.

Shite, you owe me a new monitor and keyboard db............

perfect, just perfect!

bq

nJb
2004-08-27 00:50:14 UTC
db wrote:

> "nJb" <***@xmission.com> wrote in message

> > That's when I first noticed "things" growing on my body.
> > --
> > Jack
> >

> Congrats. See? I told you they would drop.

I thought I had three. Turned out to be a hernia.

bombelly
2004-08-27 00:58:52 UTC
In article <***@xmission.com
>, nJb <***@xmission.com> wrote:

>db wrote:
>>
>> "nJb" <***@xmission.com> wrote in message

>> > That's when I first noticed "things" growing on my body.
>> > --
>> > Jack
>> >

>> Congrats. See? I told you they would drop.
>
>I thought I had three. Turned out to be a hernia.

Damn. And I was hoping to get $25.00 bucks for my watch.

Jim
Keith Mitchell
2004-08-26 06:11:56 UTC
"BQ" <***@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:***@uni-berlin.de...

> "David Higgins" <***@nohow.net.invalid> wrote in message
> >

> > nJb wrote:
> >> Study hall, 10th grade.
> >
> > Woot! See that, BQ? I'm not the oldest dust farter here. ;-)
>
> Of course I see, my eye sight is fine, but seeing how old you are, I am
> surprised you see it, ya know, cataracts and all!
>
> ;)
> bq
> or is it the glaucoma?
>

> personally, I think 40 is gonna suck.......

Take my word for it (not that it's worth a helluva lot)

40-plus is great. We're not worried about collecting stuff. The kids are
pretty much raised, in most cases, mine not included, and most of us are
setting up for our retirement. Those of us who didn't have kids until late
in life are gonna be behind in the retirement plan, but in my case it was
worth it because I'd've been a wreck of a Dad in my earlier years.

FWIW, I love being 45 and having a 6 and 8-yr-old to play with, take to the
store or to the park. And I love standing beside Grandpa with the kids, and
seeing people trying to figure out how this family schematic works. (Grandpa
is 5 years older than me, and gets a kick out of it, too)
BQ
2004-08-26 14:32:22 UTC
"Keith Mitchell" <***@telus.net> wrote in message

> "BQ" <***@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>
>> "David Higgins" <***@nohow.net.invalid> wrote in message

>> > Woot! See that, BQ? I'm not the oldest dust farter here. ;-)
>>
>> Of course I see, my eye sight is fine, but seeing how old you are, I am
>> surprised you see it, ya know, cataracts and all!
>>
>> ;)
>> bq
>> or is it the glaucoma?
>>

>> personally, I think 40 is gonna suck.......
>>

> Take my word for it (not that it's worth a helluva lot)
>
> 40-plus is great. We're not worried about collecting stuff. The kids are
> pretty much raised, in most cases, mine not included, and most of us are
> setting up for our retirement. Those of us who didn't have kids until
> late
> in life are gonna be behind in the retirement plan, but in my case it was
> worth it because I'd've been a wreck of a Dad in my earlier years.

40 years old, single mom, no hope of retirement plans......so for me at
least, it sucks in that respect. My kids will be 18, 16 and 12.........not
quite ready to be a grandparent yet, but I know I do enjoy them being
older - much more to do with them and they are almost to the point of being
called human.

bq
Mike McGillivray
2004-08-26 15:07:40 UTC
BQ wrote:

> "Keith Mitchell" <***@telus.net> wrote in message
>
>>"BQ" <***@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>
>>>"David Higgins" <***@nohow.net.invalid> wrote in message

>>>Of course I see, my eye sight is fine, but seeing how old you are, I am
>>>surprised you see it, ya know, cataracts and all!
>>>
>>>;)
>>>bq
>>>or is it the glaucoma?
>>>

>>>personally, I think 40 is gonna suck.......
>>>

>>Take my word for it (not that it's worth a helluva lot)
>>
>>40-plus is great. We're not worried about collecting stuff. The kids are
>>pretty much raised, in most cases, mine not included, and most of us are
>>setting up for our retirement. Those of us who didn't have kids until
>>late
>>in life are gonna be behind in the retirement plan, but in my case it was
>>worth it because I'd've been a wreck of a Dad in my earlier years.
>

> 40 years old, single mom, no hope of retirement plans......so for me at
> least, it sucks in that respect. My kids will be 18, 16 and 12.........not
> quite ready to be a grandparent yet, but I know I do enjoy them being
> older - much more to do with them and they are almost to the point of being
> called human.
>

> bq

Well, BQ, you can always be the Grandma that lives with her son and her
grandchildren. That's no so bad is it?
BQ
2004-08-26 22:08:11 UTC
"Mike McGillivray" <***@duke.usask.ca> wrote in message
> BQ wrote:
>
>> "Keith Mitchell" <***@telus.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>"BQ" <***@shaw.ca> wrote in message

>>>Take my word for it (not that it's worth a helluva lot)
>>>
>>>40-plus is great. We're not worried about collecting stuff. The kids
>>>are
>>>pretty much raised, in most cases, mine not included, and most of us are
>>>setting up for our retirement. Those of us who didn't have kids until
>>>late
>>>in life are gonna be behind in the retirement plan, but in my case it was
>>>worth it because I'd've been a wreck of a Dad in my earlier years.
>>

>> 40 years old, single mom, no hope of retirement plans......so for me at
>> least, it sucks in that respect. My kids will be 18, 16 and
>> 12.........not quite ready to be a grandparent yet, but I know I do enjoy
>> them being older - much more to do with them and they are almost to the
>> point of being called human.
>>

>> bq
>
> Well, BQ, you can always be the Grandma that lives with her son and her
> grandchildren. That's no so bad is it?

No, my mom told me when I did that to her it was living hell,

BTW, my post came off as whining, I didn't intend it to be that. Being a
single mom is tough, but others have it tougher. The only thing I resent
the most is in my case, all the financial responsibility lies with me,
beacause of a crappy ex, and I have good jobs, but I tell ya, at the end of
the day, it's all on my shoulders and there isn't much left to save. But
again, some have it much worse, and I am reminded daily it can always be
worse.

bq

Victor Wainer
2004-08-26 22:42:37 UTC
In article <***@uni-berlin.de>, "BQ" <***@shaw.ca> wrote:

>"Mike McGillivray" <***@duke.usask.ca> wrote in message
>> BQ wrote:
>>
>>> "Keith Mitchell" <***@telus.net> wrote in message

>>> 40 years old, single mom, no hope of retirement plans......so for me at
>>> least, it sucks in that respect. My kids will be 18, 16 and
>>> 12.........not quite ready to be a grandparent yet, but I know I do enjoy
>>> them being older - much more to do with them and they are almost to the
>>> point of being called human.
>>>

>>> bq
>>
>> Well, BQ, you can always be the Grandma that lives with her son and her
>> grandchildren. That's no so bad is it?
>
>No, my mom told me when I did that to her it was living hell,
>
>BTW, my post came off as whining, I didn't intend it to be that. Being a
>single mom is tough, but others have it tougher. The only thing I resent
>the most is in my case, all the financial responsibility lies with me,
>beacause of a crappy ex, and I have good jobs, but I tell ya, at the end of
>the day, it's all on my shoulders and there isn't much left to save. But
>again, some have it much worse, and I am reminded daily it can always be
>worse.
>
>bq

Well... at least you are not paying alimony as well... (This one brought to
you by the "Think Positive Association of BC")

Well... at least you are not a leper... (This one brought to you by the
"Disgusted With Leppers Association of BC")

Dude... what? uh? (This one brought to you by self absorbed teens in general)
BQ
2004-08-26 22:47:07 UTC
"Victor Wainer" <***@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <***@uni-berlin.de>, "BQ" <***@shaw.ca> wrote:
>>
>>"Mike McGillivray" <***@duke.usask.ca> wrote in message

>>> Well, BQ, you can always be the Grandma that lives with her son and her
>>> grandchildren. That's no so bad is it?
>>
>>No, my mom told me when I did that to her it was living hell,
>>
>>BTW, my post came off as whining, I didn't intend it to be that. Being a
>>single mom is tough, but others have it tougher. The only thing I resent
>>the most is in my case, all the financial responsibility lies with me,
>>beacause of a crappy ex, and I have good jobs, but I tell ya, at the end
>>of
>>the day, it's all on my shoulders and there isn't much left to save. But
>>again, some have it much worse, and I am reminded daily it can always be
>>worse.
>>
>>bq
>>>

> Well... at least you are not paying alimony as well... (This one brought
> you by the "Think Positive Association of BC")
>
> Well... at least you are not a leper... (This one brought to you by the
> "Disgusted With Leppers Association of BC")
>
> Dude... what? uh? (This one brought to you by self absorbed teens in
> general)

Thanks for the giggle Victor!

:0)
bq
Eugene Chan
2004-08-31 01:39:49 UTC
> In article <***@uni-berlin.de>, "BQ" <***@shaw.ca> wrote:
> >
> >"Mike McGillivray" <***@duke.usask.ca> wrote in message

> >> Well, BQ, you can always be the Grandma that lives with her son and her
> >> grandchildren. That's no so bad is it?
> >
> >No, my mom told me when I did that to her it was living hell,
> >
> >BTW, my post came off as whining, I didn't intend it to be that. Being
> >single mom is tough, but others have it tougher. The only thing I resent
> >the most is in my case, all the financial responsibility lies with me,
> >beacause of a crappy ex, and I have good jobs, but I tell ya, at the end
of
> >the day, it's all on my shoulders and there isn't much left to save. But
> >again, some have it much worse, and I am reminded daily it can always be
> >worse.
> >
> >bq
> >>

> Well... at least you are not paying alimony as well... (This one brought
> you by the "Think Positive Association of BC")
>
> Well... at least you are not a leper... (This one brought to you by the
> "Disgusted With Leppers Association of BC")
>
> Dude... what? uh? (This one brought to you by self absorbed teens in
general)

Unfortunately, so true.

--Eugene

Reply to eugene DOT chan AT telus DOT net
joe
2004-08-26 22:50:25 UTC
BQ wrote:
> But again, some have it much worse, and I am reminded daily it can always be
> worse.

I cried because I had no shoes, 'till I met a man who had no feet. So I said,
'You got any shoes you're not using'?

Steven Wright
BQ
2004-08-26 22:52:33 UTC
"joe" <***@b.c> wrote in message news:cglpfi$7j2$***@nntp.itservices.ubc.ca...
> BQ wrote:
>> But again, some have it much worse, and I am reminded daily it can always
>> be worse.
>>

> I cried because I had no shoes, 'till I met a man who had no feet. So I
> said, 'You got any shoes you're not using'?

Exactly, I have 3 beautiful and healthy kids, 2 live with me, and one is
ultra confused at the moment and has elected to live with his father. They
don't do drugs, they get great grades at school and are well liked by most
people that know them......it could be so much worse.

bq
Katherine Merle Mason
2004-08-26 22:49:15 UTC
"BQ" <***@shaw.ca> writes:

>BTW, my post came off as whining, I didn't intend it to be that. Being a
>single mom is tough, but others have it tougher. The only thing I resent
>the most is in my case, all the financial responsibility lies with me,
>beacause of a crappy ex, and I have good jobs, but I tell ya, at the end of
>the day, it's all on my shoulders and there isn't much left to save. But
>again, some have it much worse, and I am reminded daily it can always be
>worse.

My mom raised me the same way -- no help from my dad at all. She didn't
want it, either. She kicks freaking ass, I have to say. If I could be
half as cool as my mom, I'll be Uber Amazing Kick-Ass Like You Wouldn't
Believe. You must be pretty amazing yerself, BQ.

Cheers,
Kaye
BQ
2004-08-26 22:53:02 UTC
> My mom raised me the same way -- no help from my dad at all. She didn't
> want it, either. She kicks freaking ass, I have to say. If I could be
> half as cool as my mom, I'll be Uber Amazing Kick-Ass Like You Wouldn't
> Believe. You must be pretty amazing yerself, BQ.

Kudos to your mom, I'd love some tips from her! Thanks for the nice and
kind words.

bq
Mike McGillivray
2004-08-24 14:49:18 UTC

I was swimming upstream.
Keith Mitchell
2004-08-26 05:58:17 UTC
> In article <cgdn29$1dv$***@morgoth.sfu.ca>,
> ***@sfu.ca (Katherine Merle Mason) wrote:
>
> >How is that JFK's extra-marital affairs were okay, whereas Clinton's was
> >a horrible travesty? Is it just because Clinton did it in the Oval
Office?
> >That seems rather flimsy -- I mean, for all we know JFK was doing it
there
> >too. In fact, I'd bet you $5 that he did. And he probably lied a few
times
> >about it, too.
>
> We know he never went on live TV and lied to the American people or lied
> under oath to the Grand Jury.
>
> I could care less about who Clinton did. If I was married to what he's
married
> to, I'd be doing anything I could from other women, farm animals or svend,
> whichever nodded yes first.
>
> While he didn't show the respect he should have for the oval office, I've
> been consistent in condemning him for his lying, not his laying.
>
> Besides, JFK gets Marilyn Monroe--Clinton gets Monica ? No contest. :-)
>
> >Unless of course, you were baiting me again with the JFK thing, and I
just
> >fell for it ;).
>
> No, I loved JFK. His assassination is the only you-know-exactly-where-you
> -were-when-you-learned-of-it event in my life. I was crying, my mom and
> dad were crying. It was a really sad day.
>
> Jim

Really? I could tell you what I was doing when I heard JFK and then Bobby
were shot. I know exactly where I was in 1972 when Henderson had the week
of his life. I was in my Mustang (gawd, I miss that car) when I heard that
Elvis died. And again when Lennon was killed, I was driving.

Those events really hit home, and it's curious in the matter that they stick
with you.
Katherine Merle Mason
2004-08-26 17:50:10 UTC
"Keith Mitchell" <***@telus.net> writes:

>Those events really hit home, and it's curious in the matter that they stick
>with you.

For me it is the Challenger explosion (elentary school class -- they sent
us home), the death of Princess Diana, and 9/11. On the last one, I had
flown back from a conference in England (Eurographics) the day before, and
my supervisor had decided to stay an extra day. He ended up spending a week
waiting to get his flight at Heathrow.

Cheers,
Kaye
meetz
2004-08-26 23:54:31 UTC

I didn't realize Lennon died in a car accident.
db
2004-08-27 00:06:20 UTC

Nominated for the Johnny Carson One-Liner HOF
Mike McGillivray
2004-08-27 17:45:03 UTC

Were you driving when Lady Di got killed too?
db
2004-08-23 21:34:17 UTC
> ***@wahs.ac (foamy) writes:
>
> >Lighten up ! Some of my best friends are troglodytes. [ and just for the
record,
> >I haven't liked a single politician before or since JFK ].
>
> My god. You liked JFK? Really? I'm floored.

I don't know aboot anyone else, but I have it on good authority that Jim was
referring to John Forbes Kerry.

It's true. I saw it on Fox News.
Rick
2004-08-22 08:25:57 UTC
> Tell us all about Kerry's record in the senate. Tell us what the fuck he's
> done in 20 years ? I'll wait.
>
> Jim
>
> Matt 26:52, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the
sword
> will perish by the sword "

You get so hostile. It's kinda cute actually.

What he's done in 20 years is dedicate his life to public service.
Tried to the best of his ability to get laws passed that serve the people of
the U.S.

He's also apparently fathered and raised 2 incredibly smart, and articulate
young daughters.
To me, that speaks volumes of a persons character.....moreso than any
political achievement.

What has Bush done? Floundered his way through life, with jobs falling in
his lap left and right, bankrupting those businesses along the way.
He's yet to touch something that he didn't turn into an utter failure, and
bankrupting his own country via a massive deficit is just the latest
example.

He's also raised 2 daughters that cannot seem to stay out of trouble. They
break laws, and are glaring mirror images of the indiscretions that their
father had at their age.
Again......this speaks of the character of the parent. I am pretty confident
you will not see anything out of the Bush girls like you did out of the
Kerry girls this coming RNC.
I heard actually that they are throwing a party?

Regardless of your scepticism of the motives of someone going into public
life.....being president is still a part of that, so if you question Kerrys
motives, you must also question Bush's.

The notion that Kerry has not accomplished anything is put forth by those
who support the re-election of a man who has not only acheived no
significant public (or private) contributions, but in actuallity has had
negative net impact.

RJ
Eugene Chan
2004-08-31 01:44:22 UTC
> He's also raised 2 daughters that cannot seem to stay out of trouble. They
> break laws, and are glaring mirror images of the indiscretions that their
> father had at their age.

Don't get where this is coming from. Beer drinking aside, what else? From
what I hear recently they're turning into some pretty decently well-rounded
citizens. I'd like to hear more... (and besides, they're not underage
drinkers anymore. Mainly the underage part. <g>)

--Eugene

Reply to eugene DOT chan AT telus DOT net
Bdubya
2004-08-22 12:52:56 UTC
http://www.barking-moonbat.com/archives/001563.html

Cheers indeed.
Bdubya
2004-08-22 12:58:55 UTC
While I'm at it, some shameless self-promotion for my bush-league (pun
intended) blog.

http://smugmonkey.blogspot.com/2004/08/swift-kick-in-ass.html

Jim, you may be the only one here who might find any of it mildly amusing,
but that's good enough for me.

B_W
foamy
2004-08-22 18:36:20 UTC
In article <***@corp.supernews.com>,
"Bdubya" <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

>While I'm at it, some shameless self-promotion for my bush-league (pun
>intended) blog.

Thanks, good blog. I got stuck on #420 for some reason. :-)

Jim