Ohlund
Scotty
2007-11-17 05:49:33 UTC
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have expected him
to blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge in his game the last
few games, though.

Scott
Victor Wainer
2007-11-17 08:01:22 UTC
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have expected him to
blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge in his game the last few
games, though.
Scott
I missed the game... what happend with Ohlund, please?

Victor Wainer
http://www.volaverunt.net
--
Imagination is more important than knowledge... Albert Einstein

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
JD
2007-11-17 08:16:24 UTC
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:01:22 GMT, Victor Wainer
Post by Victor Wainer
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have expected him to
blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge in his game the last few
games, though.
Scott
I missed the game... what happend with Ohlund, please?
Victor Wainer
http://www.volaverunt.net
Koivu elbowed olund in the face ,and he responded with a 2 handed chop
to the ankle area.

He (olly) was pissed off which doesn't happen often.

Could get a game suspension

I gather Boogard tossed out some threats after the game regarding the
sedins and nazzy being roughed up next game.
Dutch
2007-11-17 09:30:51 UTC
Post by Victor Wainer
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have expected him to
blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge in his game the last few
games, though.
Scott
I missed the game... what happend with Ohlund, please?
Victor Wainer
http://www.volaverunt.net
Koivu elbowed olund in the face ,and he responded with a 2 handed chop
to the ankle area.
He (olly) was pissed off which doesn't happen often.
Could get a game suspension
I gather Boogard tossed out some threats after the game regarding the
sedins and nazzy being roughed up next game.
Did you see the Gaborik elbow on Kesler? I've never seen the
Wild play dirty like that, what a bunch of sore losers.
JD
2007-11-17 10:37:15 UTC
Post by Victor Wainer
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have expected him to
blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge in his game the last few
games, though.
Scott
I missed the game... what happend with Ohlund, please?
Victor Wainer
http://www.volaverunt.net
Koivu elbowed olund in the face ,and he responded with a 2 handed chop
to the ankle area.
He (olly) was pissed off which doesn't happen often.
Could get a game suspension
I gather Boogard tossed out some threats after the game regarding the
sedins and nazzy being roughed up next game.
Did you see the Gaborik elbow on Kesler? I've never seen the
Wild play dirty like that, what a bunch of sore losers.
yes i did

Kesler did a pretty darn good job keeping gaborik off his game,of
course the groin injury probably helped as well.

Next meeting should be interesting.
nov 21 at 5 pst

(and it's a PPV ..hmmm)

GO LEOS!!
Floats in Water
2007-11-17 08:20:04 UTC
Post by Victor Wainer
Post by Scotty
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have expected him
to blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge in his game the last
few games, though.
Scott
I missed the game... what happend with Ohlund, please?
He took an elbow to the head near the end of the game; the guy left his feet
doing it. He turned around and swacked the guy across the back of his legs
with his stick and got 5 and a game, and looked pissed off doing it. The
guy crawled/was dragged/half skated off the ice. Ohlund got 5 and a game,
the flying elbow got 2 for high sticking.

Bob
Yammer
2007-11-17 17:30:20 UTC
Post by Floats in Water
Post by Victor Wainer
Post by Scotty
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have expected him
to blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge in his game the last
few games, though.
Scott
I missed the game... what happend with Ohlund, please?
He took an elbow to the head near the end of the game; the guy left his feet
doing it. He turned around and swacked the guy across the back of his legs
with his stick and got 5 and a game, and looked pissed off doing it. The
guy crawled/was dragged/half skated off the ice. Ohlund got 5 and a game,
the flying elbow got 2 for high sticking.
Bob
Was it a flying elbow? When it happened (things look way different in
slow mo, which I have not), my impression was that Koivu was just
trying to jump past Ohlund. Koivu was pouncing on Edler's turnover
and trying to accelerate. Sometimes you get your arm up when you're
trying to bring your stick around.

Then again, these guys routinely operate at high speed and with almost
no room, Koivu may well have had time to do it deliberately (and think
about his investments, plan his drink order at the Roxy, etc).
Floats in Water
2007-11-17 19:28:40 UTC
"Yammer" wrote in message
Post by Yammer
Post by Floats in Water
Post by Victor Wainer
Post by Scotty
[...]
They replayed it a couple times...from the original view, you could tell he
left his feet, and from the other view you could see he tuned Ohlund in the
left cheeck.
Post by Yammer
Then again, these guys routinely operate at high speed and with almost
no room, Koivu may well have had time to do it deliberately (and think
about his investments, plan his drink order at the Roxy, etc).
He totally did. :-)

Bob
EastVanHalen
2007-11-18 01:34:55 UTC
Post by Scotty
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have
expected him to blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge
in his game the last few games, though.
Unfortunately, Koivu is out 1-2 weeks with a cracked bone in his left
knee. The league will announce on Sunday whether Ohlund will be
suspended.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/?p=331

--S.
ss
2007-11-18 02:27:35 UTC
Post by EastVanHalen
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/?p=331
Found this part inneresting "This is obviously an extremely serious hole
for the Wild, especially since Wes Walz has essentially quit the team."

Whats the deal with that?

oh- and this gem too
If Petr Kalus likes to hit, bring him up for Wednesday night’s game. Why
not? He might just bring the extra ‘grit’ we need to beat the cowardly
Canucks and the Sisters…

Cowardly? They must have been watching great leader

ss
ajh
I say we just put the CL on the ice, alone, for the whole game.
EastVanHalen
2007-11-18 03:08:46 UTC
Post by ss
Found this part inneresting "This is obviously an extremely
serious hole for the Wild, especially since Wes Walz has
essentially quit the team."
Whats the deal with that?
Walz took a leave of absence from the team and subsequently went
AWOL. Nobody knows what's going on, or if they do they aren't
saying. Speculation is that he's unhappy with his play and is
contemplating retirement.
Post by ss
oh- and this gem too
If Petr Kalus likes to hit, bring him up for Wednesday night’s
game. Why not? He might just bring the extra ‘grit’ we need to
beat the cowardly Canucks and the Sisters…
Quickest way to kill any credibility you have when commenting on
the Canucks? Call the Sedins the "sisters".

I kinda hope Ohlund is out for the next game, because they're gonna
be gunning for him.
Post by ss
Cowardly? They must have been watching great leader
Yeah, and there was so much bravery in the elbows to the head the
Wild were throwing. It's kind of funny to listen to them go on
about revenge, as though they were the innocent victims of a drive-
by. Ohlund shouldn't have slashed Koivu, but somebody should have
flattened the puke. Fuck 'em.

--Steph
foamy
2007-11-18 03:46:35 UTC
In article <Xns99EBC2C92E6DEstephremovevcnremove
@216.196.97.142>, EastVanHalen <***@removevcn.r
Post by EastVanHalen
Post by ss
Whats the deal with that?
Walz took a leave of absence from the team and subsequently went
AWOL. Nobody knows what's going on, or if they do they aren't
saying. Speculation is that he's unhappy with his play and is
contemplating retirement.
There's something definitely fishy going on. I heard the other day
they were still paying him. Which is supported by him still being
listed on nhlpa.com.

Jim
Floats in Water
2007-11-18 09:13:54 UTC
Post by EastVanHalen
Yeah, and there was so much bravery in the elbows to the head the
Wild were throwing. It's kind of funny to listen to them go on
about revenge, as though they were the innocent victims of a drive-
by. Ohlund shouldn't have slashed Koivu, but somebody should have
flattened the puke. Fuck 'em.
--Steph
I kinda got the impression that those guys spend so much time on the message
boards they actually don't bother to watch the games.

Bob

Dutch
2007-11-18 03:19:20 UTC
Post by EastVanHalen
Post by Scotty
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have
expected him to blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge
in his game the last few games, though.
Unfortunately, Koivu is out 1-2 weeks with a cracked bone in his left
knee. The league will announce on Sunday whether Ohlund will be
suspended.
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/?p=331
--S.
What's unfortunate about it? The little puke got what he
deserved for that vicious, flagrant elbow to the cheek of Ohlund.
Scotty
2007-11-18 03:50:57 UTC
Post by EastVanHalen
Post by Scotty
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have
expected him to blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge
in his game the last few games, though.
Unfortunately, Koivu is out 1-2 weeks with a cracked bone in his left
knee. The league will announce on Sunday whether Ohlund will be
suspended.
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/?p=331
--S.
What's unfortunate about it? The little puke got what he deserved for
that vicious, flagrant elbow to the cheek of Ohlund.
What's unfortunate is that Ohlund will probably end up with a lengthy
suspension.

Scott
EastVanHalen

--S.
Dutch
2007-11-18 03:22:39 UTC
Post by EastVanHalen
Post by Scotty
I don't blame him for being pissed off, but I wouldn't have
expected him to blow a fuse like that. It's good to see an edge
in his game the last few games, though.
Unfortunately, Koivu is out 1-2 weeks with a cracked bone in his left
knee. The league will announce on Sunday whether Ohlund will be
suspended.
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/?p=331
--S.
Comments on the slash from the hot stove live at Wayne Gretzky's
this afternoon,

"What do you expect from a player like Nolan? He's known for
that kind of thing."

"He should get five games at least."
"Did you see the incident?"
"No."
EastVanHalen
2007-11-18 04:13:07 UTC
Post by Dutch
Comments on the slash from the hot stove live at Wayne Gretzky's
this afternoon,
"What do you expect from a player like Nolan? He's known for
that kind of thing."
"He should get five games at least."
"Did you see the incident?"
"No."
Oh, there are idiots at it on HFBoards - "Ohlund intentionally broke
the other team's best player's leg late in a blowout game." Bertuzzi
has been invoked. Within a day we'll be hearing that he drove
Koivu's knee into the ice.

--S.
ss
damn- he brokeded his leg .........
EastVanHalen
His parents should sew.
foamy
2007-11-18 05:12:42 UTC
Post by EastVanHalen
Post by ss
Post by EastVanHalen
Oh, there are idiots at it on HFBoards - "Ohlund intentionally
broke the other team's best player's leg late in a blowout
game." Bertuzzi has been invoked. Within a day we'll be
hearing that he drove Koivu's knee into the ice.
damn- he brokeded his leg .........
His parents should sew.
They did, but eventually once he got his NHL contract, he could
afford to dress himself in bought clothes.

Jim)
EastVanHalen