Tampa
Visiblink
2023-01-13 03:15:10 UTC
Well, that was a valiant effort at a comeback. Glad they didn't win
though. We were talking in #canuckngchat and I think I'm 100% on "team
tank" at this point. Just keep losing, but try to entertain me while
you do it...

Of course, there's a lottery involved in the Bedard sweepstakes, and we
don't have a great history with lotteries:

So the fates are arrayed against us. But they always were...
andyJH
2023-01-17 02:34:28 UTC
Post by Visiblink
So the fates are arrayed against us. But they always were...
And always will be.
Nyssa
2023-01-17 13:23:22 UTC
In article
Post by Visiblink
So the fates are arrayed against us. But they always
were...
And always will be.
What's going on with the coaching position?

I heard someone mention on one of the SiriusXM shows
that there was something going on with Bruce being replaced
maybe, but missed most of the segment, so have no idea
of the details.

Can anyone clue me into what's going on up there?

Nyssa, who is having new siding put on her house and
the hammering kinda drowns out a lot of what's being
said on the radio at times
andyJH
2023-01-17 19:47:32 UTC
In article <tq67eq$38dbg$***@dont-email.me>, ***@LogicalInsight.net
says...
Post by Nyssa
What's going on with the coaching position?
I heard someone mention on one of the SiriusXM shows
that there was something going on with Bruce being replaced
maybe, but missed most of the segment, so have no idea
of the details.
Can anyone clue me into what's going on up there?
Nyssa, who is having new siding put on her house and
the hammering kinda drowns out a lot of what's being
said on the radio at times
Well the latest comes from the Jim Rutherford presser yesterday when he
said something like "Boudreau is our coach for now" and offered no
apologies.

All the hockey insiders are saying that Tocchet is the new coach and the
deal is only waiting on Tocchet's status to be freed up in a week or
two. There is even talk of his assistant being hired.

Pile that on top on Rutherford being made grand poobah shortly AFTER
Boudreau was hired, the open dissatisfaction on Bruce's methods (both
his practices and systems). It's ugly. Ask the fans who is the bad guy
and the vast majority will point at Rutherford/Aquilinni.

This morning Craig Button was on Donnie and Dhali and did not hide his
feeling on the situation.
https://twitter.com/DonnieandDhali/status/1615429668588630016
Nyssa
2023-01-17 20:20:41 UTC
Post by andyJH
Post by Nyssa
[...]
IMO Bruce has done the best that can be expected with the
players/talent he has to work with. It's on Rutherford for
NOT making any changes to the roster to improve that situation.

Changing coaches ain't gonna make much difference unless
it's paired with major player deals, which unlike in his previous
GM jobs, Rutherford seems unwilling to do. That likely is
the fault of Aquilinni holding the purse strings too closely
and giving the GM little to no wiggle room.

Either way, the team isn't suddenly going to zoom into a
playoff position even with a new coach and the same old roster.

Nyssa, who hopes Bruce doesn't have to wait long for another
gig once this one dissolves into the ether
andyJH
2023-01-17 21:46:46 UTC
In article <tq6vt9$3ci93$***@dont-email.me>, ***@LogicalInsight.net
says...

I agree.
andyJH
2023-01-17 23:01:53 UTC
Post by andyJH
says...
I agree.
The best we can hope for under Tocchet is a losing 1-0 instead of 5-4.
Nyssa
2023-01-18 13:02:21 UTC
In article
Post by andyJH
I agree.
The best we can hope for under Tocchet is a losing 1-0
instead of 5-4.
Which makes for a less exciting game (for most fans) while
still getting no where in the standings.

I hope Boudreau has a Plan B and, if not a Golden Parachute,
at least a Silver one.

Nyssa, who wonders whatever happened to Mr. Wheeler Dealer
who was notorious for all of his continuous trade deals in
Pittsburgh
andyJH
2023-01-18 16:50:18 UTC
In article <tq8qje$ta9v$***@dont-email.me>, ***@LogicalInsight.net
says...
Post by Nyssa
Nyssa, who wonders whatever happened to Mr. Wheeler Dealer
who was notorious for all of his continuous trade deals in
Pittsburgh
Different owner with a different philosophy. Flat cap. Horrendous
contracts. Declining assets. (I mean, you couldn't even GIVE Boeser away
right now without shedding an asset or retaining bucks.) All of this was
inherited.

However the Miller and Boeser extensions and the signings that they made
have made things even worse. Right now even blowing the team up would be
next to impossible.
Visiblink
2023-01-20 02:09:41 UTC
On Tue, 17 Jan 2023 08:23:22 -0500
Post by Nyssa
In article
Post by Visiblink
So the fates are arrayed against us. But they always
were...
And always will be.
What's going on with the coaching position?
I heard someone mention on one of the SiriusXM shows
that there was something going on with Bruce being replaced
maybe, but missed most of the segment, so have no idea
of the details.
Can anyone clue me into what's going on up there?
Nyssa, who is having new siding put on her house and
the hammering kinda drowns out a lot of what's being
said on the radio at times
I have nothing productive to say about the team.

I'd like to get new siding on my house though...
andyJH
2023-01-20 23:03:20 UTC
Post by Nyssa
Nyssa, who is having new siding put on her house and
the hammering kinda drowns out a lot of what's being
said on the radio at times
I have nothing productive to say about the team.
I'd like to get new siding on my house though...
New siding is nice but there is nothing like new elebators.
andyJH
2023-01-20 23:04:28 UTC
Post by Nyssa
Nyssa, who is having new siding put on her house and
the hammering kinda drowns out a lot of what's being
said on the radio at times
I have nothing productive to say about the team.
I'd like to get new siding on my house though...
New siding is nice but there is nothing like new elebators.
Or elevators for that matter.