Islanders sign Bo Horvat
andyJH
2023-02-05 22:59:54 UTC
8yrs @ 8.5 shmill.

The social medias begin their polite debate. Way, WAY overpaid. vs He's
a great player.

Both can be true. Also true is that we could not afford that. Lots of
blame to go around as to why, but we could not afford that.

With Bo's stats and cost in mind, could there be appetite out there for
JT?
Visiblink
2023-02-08 18:22:10 UTC
On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 14:59:54 -0800
Post by andyJH
The social medias begin their polite debate. Way, WAY overpaid. vs
He's a great player.
Free agency and impending free agency definitely inflate salaries.
Post by andyJH
Both can be true. Also true is that we could not afford that. Lots of
blame to go around as to why, but we could not afford that.
With Bo's stats and cost in mind, could there be appetite out there
for JT?
Not that I disagree with the idea of shopping him, but if we trade
Miller, we might as well burn it to the ground and find new homes for
Pettersson and Hughes.

Then we could be on the receiving end of some salary dumps and
accompanying draft picks until the end of the current bad contract era
(does it ever end?).

Or maybe they could move the team and we could get an expansion
franchise. It seems to be the fast route to competitiveness!