Twenty years ago.
andyJH
2023-03-27 18:32:49 UTC

So much fun. So many great people.
Spiral
2023-03-27 18:48:54 UTC
Post by andyJH
https://nhlcanucks.com/images/province_article.jpg
So much fun. So many great people.
Cool stuff. Thanks for posting.
Reminded me of the passion I had, and sorely miss.
andyJH
2023-03-27 19:48:40 UTC
Post by Spiral
Post by andyJH
https://nhlcanucks.com/images/province_article.jpg
So much fun. So many great people.
Cool stuff. Thanks for posting.
Reminded me of the passion I had, and sorely miss.
Every day. I still have not found a Canucks forum that comes close. Any,
and I mean ANY news about the team and a whole gang of characters would
have started or replied to threads about it. I loved it.

https://forums.hfboards.com/forums/vancouver-canucks.36/ is well
populated with some brilliant posters, but totally over moderated IMHO.
Quinn Hughes is in the news? Well you have to go to a thread that was
started in April of 2021 (apparently Pt. VII) and click through it to
get to the current posts.

Time marches on.
Nyssa
2023-03-28 13:06:09 UTC
In article
Post by Spiral
Post by andyJH
https://nhlcanucks.com/images/province_article.jpg
So much fun. So many great people.
Cool stuff. Thanks for posting.
Reminded me of the passion I had, and sorely miss.
Every day. I still have not found a Canucks forum that
comes close. Any, and I mean ANY news about the team and a
whole gang of characters would have started or replied to
threads about it. I loved it.
https://forums.hfboards.com/forums/vancouver-canucks.36/
is well populated with some brilliant posters, but totally
over moderated IMHO. Quinn Hughes is in the news? Well you
have to go to a thread that was started in April of 2021
(apparently Pt. VII) and click through it to get to the
current posts.
Time marches on.
Just another example of "simpler is better" at least
when it comes to discussions. Having to crawl through
multiple threads or remember where you left off last
time plus all of the distracting "decorations" on a page...

Yeah, Usenet got it right.

And don't even get me started on heavy-handed moderators!

Nyssa, who seems to be down to only a handful of newsgroups
that actually have enough people participating in discussions
to make them interesting
Greg Carr
2023-04-01 03:18:53 UTC
Post by Nyssa
[...]