The sounds of silence
Visiblink
2023-02-01 04:25:42 UTC
Pretty quiet around here for a team that just traded its captain. This
would feel like Kevin McCarthy, round two, except there's no Steamer
waiting in the wings.

I guess we're done for a while again. I was quite hopeful when the
young forwards were starting to develop, but it's clear that we have no
defence, the goaltending is suspect (unless Demko returns to form), and
this group is done -- at least as a group.

Maybe they can still build something around Petey and Quinn. If not,
we wander in the desert for another 40 years.

- Visiblink, who doesn't know if he has another rebuild left in him (all
credit to Nyssa)
Nyssa
2023-02-01 14:49:33 UTC
Post by Visiblink
Pretty quiet around here for a team that just traded its
captain. This would feel like Kevin McCarthy, round two,
except there's no Steamer waiting in the wings.
I guess we're done for a while again. I was quite hopeful
when the young forwards were starting to develop, but it's
clear that we have no defence, the goaltending is suspect
(unless Demko returns to form), and this group is done --
at least as a group.
Maybe they can still build something around Petey and
Quinn. If not, we wander in the desert for another 40
years.
- Visiblink, who doesn't know if he has another rebuild
left in him (all credit to Nyssa)
Yeah, you've got things pretty rough out there. You're
back into the mode that Buffalo has been in for a decade
until this season. I hope that it doesn't take as long
as the Sabers did to find a combination of players that
shows promise.

Last night my Habs played the Sens and got off to a bad
start with the Sens potting two quick ones within the
first couple of minutes. Not fun.

But the kids came back and played their hearts out for
the last two periods and tied it up twice and *almost*
tied it up in the last minute for a loser point.

The thing is, it became a very entertaining game once
the kids started moving. It showed the promise of things
to come. After being in the basement, the fans can see
that we've got the first pieces of a winning team learning
how to get it done.

That's what you've got ahead of you. A couple more crapola
years until a new group of young'uns clicks and starts
putting on a show as they develop.

Yeah, it's a PITA waiting for that click, but it'll be
worth it.

Buck up! Better times will come (although it will probably
take an extra year at least unless the owners butt out and
let the professionals do their jobs).

Nyssa, who wishes the Canucks fans well